Friday, March 4, 2016

To The Limit: The untold story of the Eagles by Marc Elliot

To the Limit: The Untold Story of the EaglesTo the Limit: The Untold Story of the Eagles by Marc Eliot
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was inspired to look up this book after hearing about Glenn Frey's recent death. The Eagles were a staple of the rock radio stations I'd listen to as a teen in 1980's. Their music seemed the perfect backdrop of early love's and relationships. I felt they were there many times as someone who knew what joy's and heartaches I was going through at the time.

The book covers their history from the their childhoods to their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the late 90's. It is filled in between of their birth as a band that grew to super stardom in 1970's. After a harsh breakup they pursued personal stuff in the 1980's. Then they reunited in the 1990's and just seemed to pick up where they left off.

I was so glad that I was able to see them live in 2013 which was high on my personal bucket list. They certainly didn't let me down.

The book is definitely worth reading if you like the Eagles.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment