Saturday, March 26, 2016

Go set a Watchman by Harper Lee

Go Set a WatchmanGo Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I did like this book very much. I was interested in this as I had just finished listening to "To Kill a Mockingbird" just before this was published. Everyone was so upset about their beloved Atticus Finch turning into a segregationist in his old age which had everyone upset because they had put Atticus on such a high pedestal.Now after listening to whole thing I realized that maybe they hadn't gotten to end or perhaps blinded by their expectations of Atticus. I Loved Atticus too but never felt he was above being human as all of us are and have our fallacies.

Set in Alabama Jean-Louise finch comes home from New York for a visit. She finds her that her world has changed. Her father, aunt, uncle, boyfriend are not what they seem as the community is heated up about segregation. The case of Tom Robinson is mentioned briefly as are some other characters from "To Kill a Mockingbird". She has a breakdown of sorts. The ending will surprise a little and bring some understanding. Read or listen to entire book before passing judgement.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment