Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Audible: Who I Am by Pete Townshend


Recently I decided to try and give Audible.com a try with a free trial. I was enticed by an ad for Pete Townshend's autobiography "Who I Am" I've been wanting to read this for awhile as I'm a long time fan of the the rock band "The Who" and his solo work. I've been skeptical about audio books in general as it seems like a cheating way to read a book. With Pete himself narrating it seemed justifiable. I find Pete Townshend  to be one of those people I enjoy hearing him talk as he seems to have an interesting way of telling a story or an idea.

I learned a great deal about Pete himself. How he grew up and unusual childhood. His parents struggles and his own battles(I don't want to spoil too much, you'll have read or listen yourself). Learned about his own marriage (never knew he was) and children. Struggles, triumphs  and tragedy's surrounding "The Who", solo career and personal addictions. Losing two band mate's Keith Moon and John Entwistle. I won't give too much away. It's worth listening to if your a fan of this rock legend  and  The Who

I enjoyed the audiobook in general. I used it primarily in my car hooked up to my iPhone using the Audible App. I listened to in my travels to work and such. It's worth a try if your on the fence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment