Tuesday, March 24, 2015

American Sniper by Chris Kyle

American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military HistoryAmerican Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History by Chris Kyle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I became interested in this after hearing about the hype of the movie release recently. I did hold out to read the book before seeing the movie. This is an up close look at the war American soldiers faced in Iraq. Chris holds nothing back as far as details and his own feelings. He did his job as he was trained to do and doesn't apologize for it and I don't feel he should have anyway. War is brutal and shouldn't be sugarcoated or glorified which Chris does neither here. Also covered is how it changed him at home with his family and friends. Now I can't wait to see the movie.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment