Saturday, August 16, 2014

King Philip High School Alumni 5k - Today!

My Dad's watch.

Today I'm running my third 5k this year. It's the King Philip High School Alumni 5k. in Wrentham , Massachusetts. This run I'm doing for my Dad who passed away almost two years ago to cancer. He was King Philip graduate in 1961. All told about a dozen "Plumers",aunts,uncles,cousins, have gone through this regional high school. I did not as I graduated from nearby Foxboro High School (1985). I'm looking forward to it.



Update:

Race is finished. Third 5k in the record books. A nice run through Wrentham Started at the high school. Down Route 140 circled around going by Lake Pearl Ballroom and then going through the center back onto Route 140. Then finishing up at the school again.


My official time was 36:49 at an 11:53 per mile pace. First 5k under 12 min mile and best time overall. My Runkeeper app had me at 3.20 miles at 37:00 @ 11:34 per mile pace.It had some mild hills but wasn't too bad. I should start adding some more hills to my training. I hit some last 5k that kicked my butt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment