Sunday, February 19, 2017

Barrel Fever by David Sedaris

Barrel Fever: Stories and EssaysBarrel Fever: Stories and Essays by David Sedaris
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This one caught my eye in a used book store. Having read David Sedaris before(Let's explore diabetes with owls) this wasn't a hard choice. I wasn't aware this was his first book and that it was a mix of stories and essay's(previously just read his essays). The first part of the book is fictional stories which at first were difficult to grab onto. I did like "We get along" and "Don's Story" as far as his fictional work. When it hit's his essay's is where David's talent and wit show through the best. It's disappointing that there are only four essays. If you already read David's work you may be a little disappointed at first but it's still worth checking out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment