Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Trump Revealed: An American Journey of Ambition, Ego, Money, and Power

Trump Revealed: An American Journey of Ambition, Ego, Money, and PowerTrump Revealed: An American Journey of Ambition, Ego, Money, and Power by Michael Kranish
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I actually had a fear that by listening to this book I'd change my mind about him or even think that he'd be the least bit competent as President. No worries. When I finished I still thought he should never be in the same zip code as the White House. It was helpful to know where he came from and his family history. One thing to me stood out about him that really bothered me was his motivation. Most Presidents, even the awful ones, I've learned about usually feel some kind of higher calling, need or want to serve the public in someway. Throughout Donald's life has been about serving himself satisfying some inner need to be the center of attention. His motivation was always about money, attention and success of his name brand. If it had any benefit to anyone else that was just by chance. Even imperfect presidents at least gave the illusion they serving the people. Trump was just in it to serve his bank account. Even after listening to this I still think his only motivation to be President is to increase value of his brand name. Secondly his business dealings and actual worth have always been overrated. They maybe impressive to those of the middle and lower classes but he certainly blew a lot of money with bankruptcies and bad decisions. His talk is bigger than the reality. God help us if he becomes President.

P.S. This is to the authors and the Washington Post. You did a lot of work and did a great job. Now since you gave all this energy to Donald should we expect a book about Hillary?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment