Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Stranger Beside Me: Ted Bundy by Ann Rule

The Stranger Beside Me: Ted Bundy The Shocking Inside StoryThe Stranger Beside Me: Ted Bundy The Shocking Inside Story by Ann Rule
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've read several of An Rule's true crime books but had never gotten around to this one. This one is different because she actually knew the killer, Ted Bundy, first hand. She even worked with him during a stint handling a suicide prevention hotline in Seattle. We learn about Ted at the same pace she does but like a horror flick where we see the killer but the main character doesn't and we scream at them "He's right there!". That is about how I felt about Ann Rule while listening to this. She was a causal friend and would listen and respond to calls and letters when he was in and out of jail. She would even send him some spending money to. All the while I'm saying, to myself and and to her, why are you being nice to guy who has killed numerous young women mercilessly. I suppose it's like anyone else react to someone they well and they are suspected of doing something horrible. Of course she fell into the trap of Ted Bundy which was his good looks, intelligence and charm that he was able to befriend and manipulate others.

Should you have an interest in true crime stories and serial killers then this should be on your must read(or listen)list. I'd recommend Ann Rule books in general if your interested in further reading in this genre,

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment