Saturday, September 19, 2009

Music: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - Remastered

image0

What can possibly be written about this album that already hasn’t been said. It is The Beatles masterpiece. They pulled out all the stops on this one. To be honest I haven’t listened to this album in many years. My one copy on a cassette(yes that dates me) was well worn and was lost quite awhile ago and never replaced. So this is a revisiting of an album I’m somewhat familiar with.  I must admit I got a bit caught up in the recent Beatlemania with the Rock Band Beatles game and re-release of The Beatles albums on  September 9, 2009(9-9-09) and I ordered my CD from Amazon.

After listening to this in it’s entirety I’m simply blown away. I had forgotten how good, I mean great this album is. From the opening orchestra sounds to the fade out at the end of “A day in the life” you are taken away to a different world than the one your in. To enjoy this properly I believe a set of headphones and a block of time to listen to the whole album from start to finish.

One thing that strikes me is how much I forgot that The Beatles were at heart a rock and roll band.When I went through my adolescent and young adult years I put them on the backburner in favor of more modern rock music of the time. Again I find my self re-discovering them. The beauty of The Beatles is that they went beyond the traditional arrangement of guitar,vocals,bass, drums and brought in many different instruments and sounds.

Well back to the CD itself. If your like me and haven’t listen to this album in awhile it’s worth it pick this one up and give it a listen. If your new to The Beatles this is a good start. If your a hardcore fan it’s still worth it I believe with booklet inside with notes about the album and an additional 5 minute video included on the CD(computer needed to view). This is still rock album that all others must measure up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment