Thursday, January 18, 2024

Skywriting by Word of Mouth by John Lennon

 

Skywriting by Word of MouthSkywriting by Word of Mouth by John Lennon
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

It's hard to describe this book. It's one that I wanted to like very much because it's John Lennon. It had a strong start with a brief autobiographical story of John and Yoko's beginning in the late 60s. I'd take volumes of that. He could write clearly, concisely, and with his trademark wit. I couldn't say that for most of the book though. It seemed that the words were English but the sentences were scrambled. It was difficult to decipher storylines or plots if there were any. His wordplay was sometimes humorous and perhaps to some had a point. Drawings were simplistic and crude. I'm sure some would find a point to the stories but I couldn't for the most of the time. I had to push my way through this. John was a legendary songwriter but I don't feel book writing was anywhere close to it. The only other part that seemed to clear was the afterward by Yoko Ono which was touching and done out of love. I'd only recommend this to diehard Beatles and John Lennon fans.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment