Friday, June 16, 2023

Cormac McCarthy 1933-2023

 

 

 

His book “The Road”is remarkable and unforgettable. Still the one and only book I read per Oprah’s book club recommendation. A post apocalyptic father-son story sounded intriguing to me at the time. I’m still a slow reader but I utterly devoured this book in roughly a 24 hour period. I literally could not put it down. His writing was as stark, barren and to the point as the world he described in the book. In retrospect it seems this, along with a return to college, helped remind me how much I enjoyed reading and how powerful it can be. For this I am thankful to Cormac McCarthy.

 

 

 "All his reverence and all his fondness and all the leanings of his life were for ardenthearted and they would always be so and never be otherwise. "

Cormac McCarthy (All The Pretty Horses)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment