Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Goodbye Eddie

 
In my youth.
 
I couldn't believe the news of Eddie Van Halen's passing from cancer yesterday. A guitar hero's hero. He was the guitar God of a generation.He had a nonstop smile and lightning quick fingers on an electric guitar. No matter where or what he was doing he seemed to be having the time of his life in that moment. His music had an amazing way of lifting your spirits. In essence the group was a party band that made it big, especially in the early days with David Lee Roth at the microphone. The music was uplifting, energetic and sometimes naughty but never got too dark.
 
I loved them and had their famous logo scribbled on school book covers, notebooks or anything with a flat surface while a teenager. They seemed to match the intensity, attitude and energy of adolescence. Coincidentally lead singer David Lee Roth left and the band took on a more mature sound just as I hit adulthood too. Eddie was still Eddie though. 
 
I'm forever grateful for his music that brought joy to millions of fans. The music itself lives on. Thank you for music and my heart goes out to his family at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment