Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Elizabeth II: Life of a Monarch byRuth Cowen

Elizabeth II: Life of a MonarchElizabeth II: Life of a Monarch by Ruth Cowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I got this as an Audible free offering with my subscription. I've really only have had a passive knowledge of the Queen Elizabeth II and her personal history. This story is a short biographical summary of her life and her time as queen. It's presented in a documentary style production with a modest amount of production with dramatizations, music and other sound effects.

As I mentioned I really only had modest amount of knowledge of the monarchy even so I did find this interesting as it did piece together the stuff I did know and filled in the gaps. It was interesting to see how Queen Elizabeth grew into her role and adapted and yet remained a steady figure amidst all the turmoil, gossip and controversy's. It does give a picture of how the monarchy has changed thru the years and how peoples attitudes towards them have changed also.

This is not the most in depth biography I'm sure but this will give someone the basic history of Queen Elizabeth II's life and the monarch itself in the last hundred years. I think it gives one a good starting point if one is really interested in them.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment