Saturday, January 13, 2018

This week in Covfefe Resistance: 1/13/18

This is just some note from this week. Although a week in a year of "The Donald" has seemed much longer. When does it ever end?  This is just some notes from this week( nevermind the rest of the year). I suppose I need some outlet for this craziness.

-Fire and Fury: My better half asked the silly question if I had purchased this book. Of course I did. How could I pass up something the Covfefe-in-Chief tried to prevent from publishing? I'll admit it has more to do that he tried to prevent it's publishing than the actual content of the book. How often does a sitting President try to squash a book because it hurts his feelings?  Just let the thought of that sink in for a moment. Not many I know of at least. I am reading of course and I'll have more on that later.

-Oprah 2020: There was much ado about Oprah's passionate speech at the recent Golden Globe Awards. I like and respect Oprah as many people do. Do we really need another celebrity President though? I feel this way also about those dreaming of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson too. If it was down to Oprah verses Donald it would be her by a long shot. I worry though that we discount those that are already in the public service. Do we devalue those who have devoted time and energy in that field just to give it to someone merely because they're a celebrity?

-Shithole Countries: Of course the most recent "Donald" event is the comment by the President that instead of allowing those from "Shithole countries" like Haiti and other African countries instead of  not more from Norway(whose leader recently visited). I hope I don't have to explain the racism element in this type of thinking.
https://youtu.be/My-BcgfkPII


I'm sure I'm leaving a lot out but I'd just share on this weeks highlights in current events. Until next week, Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment