Saturday, October 15, 2016

Don't Think Twice It's All Right - Bob Dylan

My dad used tease me about my love for Paul McCartney by saying he's no Bob Dylan. Bob Dylan is one of those artists that every musician or songwriter has on their "who influenced you" list. Even The Beatles wanted meet him when they first came to the United States. Admittedly I've not been as big of fan of his as maybe I should be. Sometimes he's hard to understand and doesn't have great singing voice(which he admits). It's through his words that his mind and soul shine through. 

I think my Dad would be happy to see that Dylan had won the Nobel Prize for Literature. I think he had seen or felt something that I've missed over the years. Hopefully it's not too late for me.

He's been called an "American Troubadour" and I think it fits him perfectly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment