Sunday, May 8, 2016

AXL/DC - Shoot To Thrill Live Lisbon Portugal

Having Axl Rose fill in for Brian Johnson of AXL/DC does seem like an odd combination of late 70's Aussie rock and late 80's L.A. rock. Some were skeptical of this combination. It doesn't seem that bad. Axl's gravely voice is not unlike Brian Johnson or the late Bon Scott(AC/DC's lead singer before Johnson) I think it's a testament that rock stars getting old and dying off.

Most recently we lost the purple one Prince. I wasn't a huge fan of his but I respected his work and he did some songs I liked. Also to join the rock band in heaven(or hell) is Glen Frey of the Eagles, David Bowie. Just seems like many of those that dominated he rock radio of my youth are passing before our eyes.  Just another sign of getting old I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment