Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Stand by Stephen King - Audio Version

The StandThe Stand by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was already a big fan of this book already before listening to this audio version. I've read both the original and extended version of this book and it still doesn't get tiresome. I was not a big fan of the original mid 90's mini-series version though as I've yet to sit through the whole thing. I have heard that another remake is in the works. With 45 plus hours to listen to its pretty daunting to sit through. It does start a little slow as King builds up the plot and the characters as what can seem like an eternity. He did not rush when it came to this story. Even though I knew the story pretty well I still picked up stuff I missed before. After awhile the time flew by and the forty-five hours seem to not be as long. Things I picked up differently were that I found Fran irritating and self-centered. I was also more sympathetic with the brilliant but misled Harold Lauder. I did enjoy this one and recommend it to fans of the book or even of Stephen King in general.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment