Monday, November 2, 2009

Don’t sweat the small stuff….

j0440424Yesterday after soccer and Friendly’s for lunch we ended up at a Goodwill store because my oldest son wanted some new books to read. So we stopped in to check it out. I’m not ashamed to say we shop there at times. You can find some cool stuff for cheap. I immediately hit the electronics section at first. If your in desperate need of a printer there only $5 you just have to add ink. Not to mention I almost got a tape deck for my garage stereo for another $5, maybe next week.

The most popular section was the book section. For $.99 or $1.99 you can pick up some decent books. Of course my son picked out a handful and of  course I browsed too. I did find some cool books. My wife had to drag me out of there before I spent the whole day there. Here are the ones I picked up:

  • Don’t Sweat the small stuff… and it’s all small stuff – By Richard Carlson, Ph.D.
  • Iacocca, An Autobiography by Lee Iacocca/William Novak
  • Understanding Psychology by Robert S. Feldman

I believe I read “Don’t sweat the small stuff” many years ago when it first came out. Lee Iaccoca is an interesting figure from our times. The psychology book is actually a textbook. I find psychology an interesting subject so I thought it would be great reading and for reference. I’ll write more about these later. I’ve got to go for now .

No comments:

Post a Comment